Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Coke Cake...It's Addicting :-)

Is everyone ready to learn how to make the easiest cake...ev-ah! Serious face....this is the easiest thing you will ever do.

First, prepare your ingredients.
Yup, that's it. I promise. Just a pop (or soda as some prefer it) and a cake mix. It's really that easy. And baking it up is as easy as 1,2,3. I'll show you...
Step 1: Pour cake mix into bowl.
Step 2: Pour Coke into bowl.
Step 3: Mix.
Really that's all you do. Throw it in your pans, cupcake liners, whatever and bake it according to the normal instructions on the box. Since I was making mine for my Mother's birthday, I chose to do a 3 layer cake, so I lined my cake pans in wax paper, poured the batter in and baked it up. I then iced it pretty and served it up. I've been serving these for years now and they are always a hit. When I originally learned of this recipe I was told that it is a Weight Watchers recipe. I haven't verified that, but I know it does cut down on the calories significantly. So the bonus is, its a DIET CAKE. Never thought you'd hear the words "diet" and "cake" put together like that did you? Well I'm happy to say...that just happened. Plus you'll love all the chocolate-y goodness. You can't even taste the Coke. And it's so moist and yummy. :-)

When I was icing the cake, I kind of tried to pull of the Rose Cake that has been all over the blog-o-sphere. You can find the original over at I am Baker.

When making white cakes (or lighter colored cakes) just use Sprite or 7-Up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment