Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Oreo No-Bake Cheesecake Bites

I've posted about my love for Yummy Delicious Goodness on multiple occasions. I love all things yummy, but more than that I absolutely L-O-V-E everything Oreo.


However in my world, I have to qualify that I only work in Double Stuff Oreos. I remember when they came our and they had the most filling in the middle, well I maintain that over the years, Nabisco has gradually pared down the filling until, now a Double Stuff Oreo is really a regular Oreo and a regular Oreo is a 1/2 stuffed Oreo. What, okay, I'm getting off the soap box....onto the yummy goodness.

When preparing for Brandon's birthday at work, I really struggled with the question do I make the Mountain Dew Cupcakes or these. See Brandon loves Oreos as much as I do, but I think he leans towards the Dew more so I went with the cupcakes. But I couldn't not make these, so here they are. These may become a much demanded dessert, because the pan I brought to the office very quickly disappeared.

With no further ado.. I give you...drum roll please........ OREO NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE BITES


·         2 ¼ cups heavy cream
·         1 pound cream cheese, softened
·         2/3 cup sugar
·         ½ teaspoon salt
·         1 tablespoon lemon juice
·         2 teaspoon vanilla powder
·         ¾ cups Oreo Cookies, crushed

Instructions:
1. Beat heavy cream until medium peaks form. Set aside.
2. Add cream cheese, sugar, salt, vanilla powder, lemon juice to a bowl and beat with a paddle attachment until smooth (approximately 3-5 mins). If you do not have a stand mixer or a paddle attachment a hand beater will work as well, but will take twice as long to achieve a smooth consistency.
3. Add cream cheese mixture to heavy cream and beat until incorporated.
4. Gently fold in Oreo cookies.
5. Place an Oreo cookie in the bottom of each cupcake liner (makes about 24), spoon/scoop filling over the top
6. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours to set or overnight for best results.
7. Remove from refrigerator and smooth top to level with edges. Serve with whipping cream and garnish with mini Oreos.

No comments:

Post a Comment