Monday, October 3, 2011

Pinterest Challenge: Fire Pit

So, if you've been following along, then you know that Valerie's Pinterest Challenge ended on Sept. 30. I'm late in getting this post up, but I promise it was done well before the deadline.

As you know, I had 5 projects that I was going to attempt to complete. Really, I made it through about 3.5 of those projects. As you know...I completed the two organizing projects. I'm about to introduce you to the Fire Pit, and I've got the chairs 1/2 way done.

Anyways, onto the Fire Pit! You may remember my inspiration....
Source: alwayschasinglife.blogspot.com via Amy on Pinterest 
Let me introduce you to my backyard.

As you can see, I have a giant brush pile. I'm lucky enough to have a big backyard, with lots of old growth trees. The problem with that is, I have lots of GIANT branches that fall out of my trees. And I have no way to get rid of them...hence the idea for a fire pit. Oh yeah, I'm a smart cookie.
 
Putting it all together was fairly easy. I just went to Home Depot, bought the stones and followed their natural curve to make the circle fire pit. Let me show you my new fire pit!

Sometimes all the wood/branches don't fit in the pit, but you know what....IT MAKES AWESOME S'MORES. I've been having little bonfires here and there, and I'm starting to put a big dent in the HUGE brush pile.

And here's a little sneak peek on the chairs...
Eventually those chairs are going to end up by the fire pit. But for now, they need another coat of spray paint and some finishing spray. I promise I'll show the end result soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment