Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Obsession Alert: Cute Dresses

For those of you who know me well, then you know my main obsession is, Shoes. And for those of you who don't know me well enough, it's true, I do have a closet soley for shoes. (Did you see what I did there? I crack myself up.)

But I have another confession...I L-O-V-E sun dresses. Any shape, size, length, color, you name it, I have it, and I love to wear them during the summer. So simple, cute, and easy. But they also transition perfectly into fall. Top them with a cute cardi, add a belt, tights, and boots, and VOILA, I'm set.

My downfall is that there are so many super cute dress tutorials out there. You've seen where I try my hand at dresses here and here. I'm not lying, they are so cute, easy, and cheap! For example through Pinterest, this super easy tutorial was brought to my awareness. If I could have found the fabric she used for her long dress, you'd better believe I would have made the exact same one. However, I didn't so I followed her tutorial and came up with the following. It's quirky and fun, and I love it.
As you can see, I paired mine with a chunky belt for the day. I also made a long sash, but decided the belt was a better option for a day at the office.

Also, I'm going to share with you some ridiculous photos. This is what happens, when I ask my co-worker to take one photo of me. He keeps taking more photos, while I'm being ridiculous. Although, I'm not sure it's that much of a surprise.



Anyways, this was a super easy dress to whip up. I've never used elastic thread before, and it may be my new favorite thing. Even though I did have to drive all over the city to find it. *eye roll* I think I might give it a go on a short dress. We'll see.



No comments:

Post a Comment